This drink is crazy, in a good way. You take all of these ingredients that are tasty on their own, but sound really weird together (when was the last time you mixed Fernet with elderflower liqueur?) and they combine into an entirely refreshing drink that, yes, tastes a bit like celery. This cocktail is why I bother with cocktail recipes. Enjoy!
- 1-1/4 ounces (5 parts) gin, preferably St.George Spirit's Terroir gin
- 1 ounce (4 parts) St.Germain or other elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 ounce (3 parts) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce (1 part) pastis, such as Ricard
- 1/4 ounce (1 part) Fernet Branca
- 2 dashes of Peychaud's bitters
- Lemon peel (garnish)
Shake all ingredients apart from lemon peel and serve up in a pre-frosted coupe. Garnish with lemon peel.